If your campaign's total 'spam score' exceeds a certain threshold, then your email goes to the junk folder. Spam filters look at a long list of criteria to decide whether your email is junk.
Avoid these common mistakes:
- Avoid spammy phrases like 'Click Here' or 'Free! Buy Now!'
- Try not to write in capitals (especially in the subject line).
- Avoid using long sentences.
- Don't go crazy with the punctuation marks!!!
- Try not to use words like, discount, £ signs, money off, or your money back, urgent or important.
- Bright red fonts and green fonts are very spammy.
- Be careful with your images, a 40% image to 60% text ratio is best.
- Avoid designing HTML emails in Word and exporting the code to HTML, (the code is sloppy and spam filters hate it).
- Don't send a test to multiple recipients within the same company (that company's email firewall can only assume it's a spam attack).
Once you have your message in the inbox, the next step is to get it opened. Take a look at our blog post which gives tips for getting your emails opened.
Ready to kickstart your marketing or inspired to explore what else you could achieve?
Our expert team are ready to help you achieve your goals – and get great results. Ask a question, book a demo or get an expert perspective today.
We're sending your message.
Your message has been sent.
There's been a problem, please try again later.